In addition to offering holidays and flights to The Gambia, we also operate programmes in Senegal, Cape Verde, Goa, Corsica and Sardinia.
During the past 30 plus years, the owners, Stephen & Sandra Wilde, along with their staff, have developed a vast knowledge of the destinations which we offer, building good relationships with hoteliers and can now offer many properties or room types exclusively.
We have a fabulous resort team in The Gambia, and UK-based staff regularly visit the country. Some members of staff have worked for the company for over 25 years and have even lost count of the number of times they've been to our destinations.
Serenity Holidays was set up in the late 1980s by Stephen, and initially offered just flights and holidays to The Gambia in West Africa. The Gambia continued to be the main area of specialism for Serenity until 2003 with the acquisition of Sussex-based tour operator, Holiday Places. This then added a range of European destinations to the company, including mainland France and the island of Corsica.
In recent years, a mix of further acquisitions and organic growth has seen the introduction of Cape Verde, Senegal and Goa along with Sardinia to the Serenity Holidays portfolio.
Today, Serenity Holidays employs around 70 staff in the UK at our offices in Fareham, Hampshire. Whilst we are still independently owned, Stephen and Sandra have stepped back from the day-to-day running of the company. Managing Director, Chris Ayling, now oversees the daily operation of the business in the UK and in our resort areas.
We are proud to have won an Award at the 2016 British Travel Awards as The Best Small Holiday Company to Sub-Saharan Africa, and in 2017 the Silver Award for Best Small Holiday Company to Africa.
Reasons to Book With Us...
We pride ourselves on our attention to detail, customer care and treating clients as individuals, both before you travel and whilst you are on holiday.
Nobody knows The Gambia like we do. We are the only specialist tour operator to The Gambia and recognise that everyone is different and believe it's essential to match the right holiday to the right client.
On arrival you will be taken care of by our experienced resort team.
- 34 years experience in The Gambia
- The widest choice of hotels
- Wide range of durations, 3, 4, 7, 10, 11, 14 nights + longer stays
- Video clips of all our hotels online
- Experienced UK reservations team with first hand knowledge of The Gambia
- Staff reviews of all our hotels
- Specialist tours and excursions: birdwatching, fishing, cruise and tailor-made itineraries
- Group discounts for schools, colleges, universities, Scouts and charities
- Multi-centre holidays including Mandina Lodges, Leo's Beach, Chimp Camp and Senegal
- Competitive prices for both holidays and flight-only
- Loyalty reward for previous customers
- In-flight meals, resort transfers and taxes are included in our brochure priced holidays
- “The best reps in the business” The Sunday Times
- Free Gambia guide book with exclusive discounts on top restaurants
- Fully protected holidays, all ATOL bonded
To find out what to expect when you arrive in Gambia please visit our guide to The Gambia pages.
Knowledgeable UK Staff
All our staff regularly visit The Gambia and have a genuine affection for the country. When you contact our office our staff will use their first-hand experience to recommend the holiday that is best for you. You will even be able to talk to someone who has stayed in the hotel you are booking.
We believe that a great team is key to delivering the best experience to our customers, and look for people who share in our passion for providing them with excellent holidays and customer service.
We always welcome applications and CVs for office-based positions, and would particularly like to hear from you if you already have experience in the travel industry. Our offices are based in Fareham, Hampshire and are just off junction 9 of the M27.
Please visit our parent site Serenity Holidays to view our current vacancies and send your CV.
Our Family of Products
For more information about our sister products, please click on the relevant logo above.
Recommended for you