Sitting outside of the Eurozone The Gambia is unaffected by any movements of sterling against the Euro. The Dalasi exchange rate is currently around D57/£1 (correct as of March 2018). Value for money is excellent in resort areas when eating out or purchasing local handicrafts.
Here are some examples of the sorts of prices you can expect to pay for typical holiday items:
- A cup of coffee in a cafe or bar: D30-50 (between 50p and £1)
- A local beer such as Julbrew or lager in a cafe or bar: D50 (around £1 for 330ml)
- A glass of house wine in a cafe or bar: D125 (around £2.30)
- A can of Cola: D50 (around £1)
- A 1.5litre bottle of mineral water from a supermarket: D60 (around £1.10)
- A three course meal for two adults: D1500 (around £28)