We commit wherever possible to:
- protect the environment - its flora, fauna and landscapes
- respect local cultures - traditions, religions and built heritage
- benefit local communities - both economically and socially
- conserve natural resources - from office to destination
- minimise pollution - through noise, waste disposal and congestion
Please take time to read our comprehensive Sustainable Tourism section of our website. Here, you can learn more about our Sustainable Tourism Policy, how best to act in our destinations, our carbon offset schemes and our involvement with charities.
AITO – We are active members of AITO (the Association of Independent Tour Operators) and have been awarded 5 star AITO Sustainable Tourism status. Our Sustainable Tourism manager, Katie is also on the AITO ST committee.
More information on AITO’s Sustainable Tourism policy
TICOS - We work in association with TICOS (the Tourism Industry Carbon Offset Service), who use offset funds to develop projects that make both carbon savings and have a wider sustainable development benefit.
More information on TICOS and the projects which they are involved with
Dick Sisman - Industry expert Dick Sisman has been our sustainable advisor and friend of The Gambia Experience for many years. Now as appreciation for all of the years of enjoyment he had had in The Gambia, he has set up a Community Stove Initiative.
Learn more about Dick’s initiative and have the chance to be involved