Frequently Asked Questions...
about The Gambia & our Gambia holidays.
Benefits of Group Travel with The Gambia Experience
- From 1 free place for every 6 paying passengers*
- Competitive quotes & tailor-made itineraries
- Conference facilities in The Gambia
- We can take care of your group transport arrangements
- Specialist group travel coordinators & dedicated contact number
- Discounted 3 & 4 night inspection trips available from Gatwick
- Expert local support from our permanent resort team
* number of free places offered will depend on travel dates, please call for further information.
Experience a Range of Group Travel with Us
- Twice weekly flights from Gatwick & Manchester and weekly flights from Birmingham
- Various durations from 3 nights to 3 weeks
- About 6 hours flying time and same time zone, so no jet lag and short transfers
- Quality accommodation from budget to boutique – all viewed by our staff
- English-speaking, friendly people and exotic culture
- Wide range of escorted specialist excursions including Roots, Birdwatching, Fishing and Cookery
- Various Study/Educational opportunities
"The UK and Gambian staff are so helpful. Taking groups - we need all the help we can get and we certainly get that." Marion Christmas, November 2010
"Let me start by extending my deepest gratitude's to you and all the staff at The Gambia Experience for your hard work, on many occasions at such short notice in providing me and The Royal Gibraltar Regiment with such an outstanding service, time and time again. Your hard work is much appreciated. From all ranks of the Regiment, Thank you" Kenny Alvarez, The Royal Gibraltar Regiment
Group Transport & Excursions
We will arrange in-resort transfers, by air-conditioned coach, from the airport to your hotel. Transfer times in The Gambia are relatively short, usually no more than 50 minutes. We can also arrange excursions in advance with possible free places if confirmed in the UK or we can even arrange chartered group coach hire (variable prices).
Conference facilities at The Kairaba, The Sheraton, Ocean Bay and Laico Atlantic Beach hotels are excellent with large dividable halls plus several committee rooms should you wish to incorporate an event during your stay. We have the local contacts and relationships to take on board these arrangements, organising your event with the necessary equipment. Many other hotels such as Kombo Beach Hotel can also offer conference facilities for smaller groups. Transport can be arranged, as detailed above.
Expertise in West Africa
With 25 years’ experience operating holidays in West Africa we have all the expertise to plan and give advice on taking groups to The Gambia plus Senegal & the Cape Verde Islands.
For more information visit www.capeverde.co.uk or www.senegal.co.uk.
Restaurants in The Gambia
A wide selection of restaurants are available in The Gambia with money off vouchers included in our ‘Gambia Guide’ which you will receive with your tickets (some restrictions apply). Restaurants vary in style and cuisine including Gambian, International, fine dining and casual eateries.
Contact our Dedicated Groups Team
Over the years it has been our privilege to handle the travel requirements of a large number of groups including school and university field trips, sports teams and documentary film crews.
For more information about group bookings please contact a member of our Groups team on 0845 330 2116
Group Travel Conditions
- FREE Groups pack with confirmation of booking.
- FREE Places apply to groups booking flights and accommodation travelling on the same date to the same hotel for the same duration but can be travelling from different departure airports. For groups larger than 30, please call us for a quote.
- FREE Places include flight supplements.
- FREE Place offer is based on the actual group size at date of travel but does not include insurance premiums, room or meal supplements. Deposits must be paid by all group members.
- FREE Places are subject to availability, exclude travel over Christmas and cannot be used in conjunction with any other price reduction. There are only a limited number of seats available for group discounts so please ensure you book early.
- We can accept a list of passenger names 8 weeks prior to departure. Changes are charged at £85 per amendment, thereafter.
- Full terms & conditions apply.