Great Beach Holidays in The Gambia
You'll never be short of a lounger, or somewhere to lay your beach towel... Most of our hotels are within a stone's throw of a beach, the majority having direct access to expanses of golden sand. The Kololi area has suffered from some erosion but at low tide you can still walk for miles, and excellent stretches of beach can be found at Bijilo, Brufut, Kotu, Cape Point and Banjul. Do take care with the sea however, as it can be a bit rough in places and there can be dangerous currents.
A Gambia beach holiday is great because of...
- High temperatures year round (regularly 30 degrees plus)
- Long sunshine hours (8 hours plus, from November to June)
- A cooling sea breeze
- Lots of beaches to explore - the coast is lined with them
- No overcrowding compared to most European resorts
- Plenty of shade for those that want it - parasols and palm trees...