We're of the opinion that if you're going to come all the way to Africa you might as well see some of the continent whilst you're here! That's why we offer a wide range of excursions to enable our guests to experience more of The Gambia. Our programme ranges from an historic journey back in time to Alex Haley’s ‘Roots’ to a lazy day River Cruising down The Gambia river.
The following excursions should operate year round (please note that due to lower visitor numbers in the summer, the excursion programme may be changed at short notice depending on numbers, weather etc):
The following excursions are available from November - April only:
If you are only staying in Gambia for a short time and want to explore as much of what the country has to offer, here are a couple of excursions we would recommend as a must.
Please note from May - October, there are a limited number of excursions and these will only run with a minimum number of passengers. Days of operation are also subject to change depending on numbers. Please do not try to feed any animals, especially the monkeys, encountered on your trips.
- A 1-day trip through the Gambian countryside
- Journey in either an army style truck or Landrover following the coast, visiting a school and uncovering the Gambian village way of life.
- Probably the most popular tour in The Gambia!
Four Wheel Drive Adventure »
- Learn how to cook Gambian style
- Visit local markets
- Prepare a meal using fresh produce in a typical Gambia household
Home Cooking Course »